Monday, April 07, 2008

Pointy of the Month: Mel

Name or nickname: Runna
Favorite surfing beach: Pointys
Best surfing moment (describe): Ok I am a beginner so my best moment so far was when I stood up for the first time at Jinshan amongst people floating on surfboards with snorkel masks, I felt like such a pro.
Surfing hero (and why): Sheesh I don’t have a clue, I was pretty impressed when I saw a guy out at Jinshan surfing with his dog on the front of his board, he can be my hero.
Favored board type: the bigger the better
Surfing maneuver you’d love to do: Standing up for longer!
Dream surf spot: Mount Maunganui, you can’t beat the Bay of Plenty!
Other sport (play) and (watch): Running and cycling
Greatest personal sporting moment(s): Racing in packed stadiums
Ultimate pin up: mmmm… Michael off Prison Break
Food: Jelly Tip Ice Cream
Drink (variety): Vodka Lemon and Lime
Thing you miss most about home: White sand and fish and chips
Thing you like best about Taiwan: The friendly people
Music: Anything apart from death metal and country
Best advice you’ve ever had: Don’t leave it until the last minute
Movie: Shawshank Redemption
Collections: Dessert Recipes
Who would play you in a movie? Alyson Hannigan
Current car: Ford Laser
Dream car: Anything with a stereo
Near death experience: Tramping on Mt Tongariro in a blizzard, yes thanks to Vicars we got out alive.
Your idea of a great night out: Friends, drinks and SING STAR!
Philosophy on life: Make the most of everything before you get too old to enjoy it!

No comments: