Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Shipstern's Ahoy!


























"I had quite a few beers with my mate Staz and handed on a Pointy Hat shirt(a few Tasmanians are now wearing them). He told me that we had to get up at 7 to catch some waves on the tide. Due to a late night he didnt arrive at our place hassling me until 10..I thought my plan had worked but he kept cajouling me into having a go...he had brought around all the gear.......we had missed any decent waves but there was still a small wave being surfed by some young kids. The most difficult thing was getting the wet suit on!
Staz then ran me through a few drills on the beach and it was into the surf...bloody freezing!
Unfortunately the waves were neither bi g or powerful...certainly not big or powerful enough to carry a clumsy overweight bloke towards the beach.....I almost got up a couple of times but tended to just sink the board!
I didnt even have to compete with other surfers...the 10 year olds cleared out of the way when they saw yours truly heading towards them out of control!"
Well, Pointy of the Month Lewy sounds like he had an experience. Next stop Shipstern's Bluff methinks!

1 comment:

ManeyDigital said...

Dude, thanks for visiting my site. Not sure it was on purpose, but thanks nonetheless. Love your site. My wife and I spent a week on Kaua'i this past summer and tried surfing for the first time. What a blast. I enjoyed being introduced to your site.